BCARES will hold an "Advanced TV Class" on Saturday morning, 13 July, from
09:00 to 12:00 at the Boulder County EOC / 911 Center.
The class will be taught by Jim Andrews, KH6HTV. Jim is the trustee for
the BCARES TV Repeater, W0BCR. Jim also designed and built most of
BCARES' TV equipment, including the quad receivers, repeaters, etc.
Subjects to be covered will include:
1. Operation of new generation, synthesized, VUSB-TV Transmitters.
2. Operation of 23cm FM-TV transmitters and receivers.
3. Operation of EOC QUAD TV receiver & Situation Room large screen monitors
4. Operation of Sheriff's SWAT QUAD TV receiver
5. Theory of TV Repeaters
6. Operation of Chautauqua Park TV Repeater
7. Operation of Portable TV Repeater
The first hour will be a lecture room, power-point presentation. The remainder
of the training will be a "hands-on" with participants setting up and operating all
of the above equipment. This will occur both in the BCARES EOC cubicle and outside
in the EOC parking lot.
This class is limited to only those BCARES members who have attended Dave Sharpe's
"Introduction to ATV" and are already certified to setup and operate BCARES' TV pack sets.
Advance registration is requested so we will have sufficient hand-out materials and space
available. To register, reserve a seat here or send an email to email@example.com.