The Auxiliary Communications Field Operations Guide (AUXFOG) is a reference for auxiliary communicators who directly support backup emergency communications for State/local public safety entities or for an amateur radio organization supporting public safety.
This reference guide contains information about AuxComm best practices, frequently used radio frequencies, Mutual Aid channels as well as tips and suggestions about auxiliary emergency communicators integrating into a NIMS ICS environment to support communications for planned events or incidents. It can serve as a reference both for auxiliary emergency communicators and public safety communications professionals. You can download the AUXFOG by clicking on the hyperlink to the left and save it to your own storage device. It will only download as a PDF.
While printed copies are not available from DHS, you may download an electronic copy to print as many hard copies as desired. Please note that if you modify the document in any way, such as by adding information specific to your organization or area, you must remove the DHS seal unless you receive permission from the DHS Office of Public affairs to use it. Information about use of the seal can be found at http://www.dhs.gov/use-department-homeland-security-seal.
To print copies of the AUXFOG commercially, consider these printing specifications:
- Two sided printing
- No tabs
- Dimensions: 4" wide by 7" high
- Type of paper: White Yupo Text (FPG-150)[water resistant]
- Text Ink: Four-color process
- Cover Paper: PVC with laminate
- Cover Ink: Four-color process
- Spiral binding with blue or black Plasti-Koil; holes spaced 1/4 inch; end bent inward; not GBC
- Print head to foot, except outside back cover, which is head to head
- Bottom corners of cover and pages: smooth, curved out, 1/4 circle arc with radius of 3/8 inch.
Please email questions about downloading or assembling the AUXFOG to COMU@hq.dhs.gov.
(Retrieved from http://www.publicsafetytools.info/auxfog/start_auxfog_info.php at 12/28/2013 16:07 MST)